Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a revolutionary treatment that uses concentrated platelets, growth factors and cytokines from your own body to aid in the healing of soft tissue and formation of collagen. PRP is becoming increasingly popular for the treatment of a wide variety of orthopedic, pain management and aesthetic conditions because it is so highly effective. PRP works due to the fact that platelets—along with cytokines and growth factors—initiate and stimulate bone, cartilage, and collagen regeneration and repair; promote new blood vessel development; and attract other types of cells such as macrophages and mesenchymal stem cells known to accelerate the healing process.
PRP therapy achieves unprecedented results in a wide variety of applications including:
• Helping to heal injuries such as ligament tears, strains and sprains
• Joint and meniscus regeneration
• Nerve regeneration
• Tightening and firming of skin and the underlying collagen matrix
• As a natural alternative to synthetic dermal fillers
• Hair thinning and hair loss
• Treatment of sexual dysfunction
For more information about the aesthetic applications of PRP, visit the Aesthetic Medicine section of our website. For more information about whether PRP is the right choice for you, email Dr. Winter at email@example.com.