Janelle began struggling with autoimmune diseases in her early teenage years and bounced from doctor to doctor in search of answers and sustainable treatment for her symptoms. Allopathic medicine put a pin in her pain, but it wasn’t until she shifted her diet and lifestyle that Janelle finally began to discover substantial relief. While completing her Bachelors of Science in Psychology at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Janelle found life-changing benefits from committing to a regular yoga practice and moving towards plant-based, anti-inflammatory nutrition. Her physical and mental symptoms steadily subsided, and she wrote her senior project on utilizing the mind-body and gut-brain connections to alleviate chronic illness.
This long awaited breakthrough in her healing journey inspired her to get certified as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher. She then continued her education in mindfulness through Mission Be’s Mindful Educator Training, Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach’s The Power of Awareness Training, and Jon Kabat Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Certification.
Having achieved lasting remission through a combination of naturopathic modalities, diet and lifestyle changes, and mind-body practices such as yoga and meditation, Janelle became inspired to aid others on their own journeys with the emotional, physical, and informational support that enabled her healing.
Janelle can support you with the following, and more!
- Nutrition: meal prepping, allergy and intolerance accommodation, addressing immune function, inflammation, and detoxification.
- Mindfulness and Meditation: exercises and guidance tailored to your needs.
- Personalized Yoga: for stress relief, inflammation, strength, etc.
- Emotions and Mindset: honoring the grief of accepting diagnoses and necessary lifestyle adjustments and utilizing positive psychology to better relate to your health paradigm.
- Spirituality: connecting with a higher power to support you in your wellness journey.
Outside of office hours, Janelle can be found dancing to live music, walking along the beach listening to a podcast, teaching or taking yoga classes, and cooking or baking plant-based meals.