We are so excited to be offering this novel treatment for chronic tick-borne infections. We know how stubborn and insidious these infections are, so we try to be on the cutting edge of treatment developments to help our patients achieve wellness.
SOT is becoming more well-known and more popular as positive results are being found in most patients who do the therapy, in fact, 95% of patients reported a positive outcome.
What is SOT THERAPY?
The goal of SOT Therapy is to inhibit the replication of a targeted bacteria or virus.
Supportive Oligonucleotide Therapy (SOT) is a process that enables the RGCC lab in Europe to identify the specific gene sequences of different targets such as Lyme and various viruses, and design a specific oligonucleotide therapy. SOT is uniquely tailored to each patient’s needs. It is a small oligonucleotide which is complementary to a specific sequence of individual genes which are related genes essential for microorganisms and viruses survival or metabolism. In other words, the SOT molecule has a potent ability to block specific mRNA with a very high rate of specificity, therefore expression of desired gene is inhibited.
Putting it very simply, SOT hampers the ability of the pathogen to replicate, thus stopping it dead in its tracks. It is made specifically for the DNA of the bacteria in your blood, tailored for your immune system. Giving your SOT to another person who has the same bacterial infection will do nothing for them, because it doesn’t match with their exact genes.
How does SOT THERAPY work?
A patient’s blood is sent to RGCC, and they identify the appropriate gene that needs to be silenced. Once they detect the potential genes for targeting, they validate these targets both in silico and in vitro. The validation of target ensures the highest specificity and does not interfere with any other targets. Once the different target genes have been validated, then the most appropriate is selected and the laboratory creates an oligonucleotide, complementary to the mRNA for a specific region of this gene. This in turn creates anti-sense therapy.
These molecules are delivered to our clinic where our patient receive the single-dose IV treatment. Once the patient receives the SOT molecules, they are at work 24 hours a day, seven days a week for up to six months, inhibiting the appropriate gene.
Is SOT THERAPY safe?
Yes, they have been assessed in thousands of studies for their safety.
Are there any possible adverse reactions with SOT THERAPY?
While SOT is well tolerated, Herxheimer or “die-off” reactions are possible.
Some of the common side effects have been:
- Increased fatigue
- Flu-like symptoms
We work with our patients to help them manage and moderate their Herx symptoms.
What kind of pre-tests are required for the SOT THERAPY for Viral or Lyme?
- Positive test result confirming the presence of the targeted pathogen (can be PRC or antibody result)
- Must be within six months
- Must be from a reputable lab (IGeneX, Vibrant etc)
What kind of outcome can be expected with the SOT THERAPY?
According to RGCC Labs:
- Virus Infected Patients: The positive clinical outcome reached 91%
- Lyme Disease: Approximately 95% of cases had a positive clinical outcome.
Because SOT targets one infection at a time, multiple SOT infusions to address co-infections may be necessary for optimal results.
How do I get started with SOT THERAPY?
- SOT Consultation– all patients are required to start with a 30-minute SOT Consultation with Dr. Steph. During this consultation, the infection(s) to target will be determined. Lab work will be ordered if you do not have a positive lab result in the last 6 months.
- Blood Draw– once the targeted infection is determined, blood is sent to the RGCC lab where your personalized SOT will be created and sent to our clinic.
- SOT Infusion– SOT will be administered IV in a single infusion that takes approximately 30 minutes. The SOT is working for up to 6 months.
What is the pricing for SOT Therapy?
- SOT Consultation- $200
- SOT infusion- $2400 (this includes the blood draw for RGCC, lab fee for creation of SOT, and SOT infusion. Pricing is per single SOT)
- Vibrant Wellness Tick-borne panel- $480 (if needed)
- Blood draw for lab work- $50 (if needed)
Dr. Steph will be hosting a webinar discussing SOT therapy so stay tuned for information. For now, here’s a snippet with more information:
Dr. Nicola and Dr. Steph discuss SOT therapy:
For those of you who like to understand more about the science, this video gives the basic premise:
Here are some recent testimonials from people who experienced SOT Therapy: