Microneedling with PRP, commonly known as the Vampire facial, is a minimally invasive natural aesthetic treatment used to improve acne scars, uneven skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles. The SkinPen is the first FDA cleared microneedling device on the market and has clinically proven results. It is recommended to have a series of 3-6 sessions spaced 30 days apart. After that, maintenance sessions are suggested every 3 months.
What is PRP?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a component of the blood that contains growth factors. With a simple blood draw, your PRP will be concentrated and applied topically to your skin during the microneedling procedure. The growth factors in your PRP stimulate stem cells which support healing and regeneration.
What to Expect
Please arrive to your appointment with clean skin (no makeup, sunscreen or topical products). Appointments are booked for 60 minutes. A light numbing cream will be applied to the skin to minimize discomfort. Redness is expected after the procedure and can last for 1-3 days. Sun exposure and sweating/exercise must be avoided for 72 hours after the procedure.
Our experienced Naturopathic Doctor Stephanie Poiani, ND, performs our microneedling procedures.
SkinPen Microneedling should not be used on patients who:
- Have active skin cancer in the treatment area(s)
- Have systemic cancer or are on chemotherapy
- Have open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s)
- Have an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics
- Have a hemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or hemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction
- Have any acute or chronic infections
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Are currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane)